You are here
Thank you for your interest in our dogs. Below is the basic contract and what will serve as the basic guidelines of our expectations of each other. If you want to reserve a pup after understanding our agreement, then print out and fill out the puppy application form here.
We are located in Northern California.
Emailing is preferred.
I am hearing impaired so your questions to me by email assures that your message won't sound garbled if you get the message machine, plus no phone tag with James, who may not have reviewed your application.
If and when I do use the phone, it has to be via the TDD relay (operator assistance). Email is preferred for most issues.
A Deposit is required:
Deposit $200 (USD) and completed application are required. Deposit
serves to hold position on the puppy waiting list and goes toward the
purchase price. Puppy prices for the litter are listed below. The quality and
the placements of each puppy is not determined until the final weeks after
each puppy's conformation, character and temperament is evaluated.
Janice Semavi Anatolians
Puppy quality at two tiers. ALL puppies come with a health guarantee and are specifically guaranteed to qualify for hip certification at 2 years.
1) Select- Breeding worthy ($1000) - This is a working/show and breeding quality potential pup as best as can be determined by 8 weeks. Full Health guarantee and guarantee against disqualifying faults with breed character and if the dog is being trained as a working dog this is also supported as below.
2) Working and/or Companion (Pet) ($800) - These puppies must be neutered if not on the Select tier. - If you are specifically looking for a working dog, then let me know well in advance. This is important during puppy temperament evalutation. While many dogs eventually become good workers as they mature, knowing your specific needs help us sort the puppies into the temperaments suitable for the new home, which makes them easier to work with than a puppy that has a personality that would otherwise be too much of a challenge. - Dogs purchased specifically to be livestock guardian dogs get a working guarantee if the buyer agrees to follow advice given regarding it's training.
Typical prices this litter: Select= $1000 All others $800
We will do early neutering if owner requests. The neutering price will be FREE to the buyer in the case that it is ordered before puppy is picked up. Our vet will neuter as early as 10 weeks if the puppy's development is going at the normal rate. Most puppies will be going home at 8 weeks. We keep the puppy longer to give more time to heal. AT THIS TIME -- due to research which has been done on LARGE breed pups that were early neutered, we are strongly recommending that neutering be done closer to the first birthday.
Buyers who elect to neuter later will pay for the surgery. No papers are given until after neutering.
SEMAVI ANATOLIANS SALES AGREEMENT
Between:(Buyers)_____________________________________________________ and(Breeder),________________________________________________________ cooperator of SEMAVI ANATOLIANS. In consideration of payment of the sum of ________________________by the Buyers (terms as follows) ____________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________
Breeder does hereby sell and relinquish one Anatolian Shepherd Dog, described as follows: SIRE:_______________________________________________________________ DAM: ______________________________________________________________ SEX: _________________ DATE OF BIRTH:____________________ COLOR: __________________________________ QUALITY: __Select __Working __Companion
__Buyer will neuter (See part 3) __Breeder will neuter __Other: ____________________________________________________________
The dog will be litter registered with the United Kennel Club (UKC) and AKC. Upon completion of the terms of this agreement the official registration certificate will be provided to Buyer. - this pertains to Michael/Ruya's litter for 2007 who are both AKC registered.
For open stud book registrations: * AKC registration for UKC registered dogs will be initiated when it becomes possible - this pertains to Boone/Zor's 2006 litter (Boone is import related so not automatically AKC)
BUYERS' RESPONSIBILITIES: (Buyer to read and initial each block below)
__IF, AT ANY FUTURE TIME, THE BUYER IS UNABLE TO KEEP ABOVE DESCRIBED DOG, THE DOG MUST BE RETURNED TO THE BREEDER. The dog is not to be sold, given away, destroyed (euthanasia) or placed in an animal shelter. Exception to euthanasia would be in the case of injury or suffering of the dog.
__Every effort has been made by the Breeder to produce a litter both physically and mentally sound and Breeder will stand behind this breeding to the extent stated below. However, Buyer accepts full responsibility for the proper care once the pup leaves the Breeder, as the Breeder cannot be held responsible for death, injury or deformity of the pup due to illness, accident or deviation from adequate care normally given a giant-breed puppy. (The terms "pup" and "dog" are used interchangeably.)
__Buyer agrees to take this pup to a veterinarian within five days of receipt of this pup. If, for any reason Buyer is dissatisfied with the health of this pup, it may be returned to the Breeder within seven days of receipt and receive either a full refund or replacement. If, however, Buyer elects to keep the pup after veterinary exam, Breeder is not liable for any existing or future medical conditions except as noted under guarantee.
__Buyer agrees to continue the vaccination series already started and to arrange for any needed boosters and routine rabies vaccinations. Annual heartworm testing is strongly encouraged. Buyer agrees to license this dog according to the regulations of the county of residence.
__This dog shall occupy a suitable fenced area adjacent to buyers home and shall neither be continuously tied nor allowed to roam free. (This may be waived for Working Livestock Guardian Dogs.)
__Dog shall not be subjected to repetitive, nonproductive verbal or physical corrections or other abuse, nor be kept in unthrifty condition.
__Buyer agrees to have this dog x-rayed at his own expense for hip dysplasia at a time recommended by the Breeder (between 24 and 30 months of age). If the x-ray is then sent to the Breeder, Breeder will have the plate read and diagnosis issued by OFA at no further cost to the Buyer. Buyer also has the option of submitting the x-ray to OFA at his own expense.
__Buyer agrees to honor any spay/neuter clauses specified in this agreement.
__ NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS LIABILITY ON THE BREEDER'S PART IF THE DOG SHOULD FAIL TO PERFORM ITS GUARDIAN FUNCTIONS DUE TO INADEQUATE TRAINING, NOR SHALL THE BREEDER BE LIABLE FOR ACTIONS OF THE DOG WHICH ARE BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE BREEDER.
================================================================== Sales Agreement Part -2- (of 3 parts)
The Breeder guarantees the health and quality of this dog as described below.
-HEALTH- Breeder guarantees that this pup is in good health and will replace any pup that becomes seriously ill within seven days of leaving the Breeder. In addition, the Breeder guarantees this pup against hereditary or congenital deformity or dysfunction as follows.
The Breeder guarantees this above described dog against congenital or serious hereditary deformities or dysfunctions which affect its health and soundness and would make it unsuitable as a companion or working dog. This guarantee is good until one year of age for all such afflictions, except hip dysplasia, in which case it is extended to the age of 30 months. Diagnosis of hip dysplasia must be made by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) and a copy of the reading furnished to the Breeder.
If the degree of deformity or dysfunctions as described above is such that the dog must be euthanized (destroyed), Buyer must present veterinary certificated proof of its death due to the covered defects and Breeder agrees to replace the dog with one of at least equal quality, without charge except for shipping. Such replacement is made subject to availability and will be made within 18 months of the date of the death of the dog.
In the case that the dog is diagnosed by a veterinarian as having a congenital affliction as described above by one year of age, or diagnosed by the OFA as dysplastic, does not require euthanization and the owner does choose to keep the dog, the Breeder requires proof of the affliction from a veterinarian, or OFA in the case of joint abnormality AND proof of sterilization (neutering or spaying) of said dog. The Breeder will provide a new dog of at least equal quality, to Buyer at half the payment sum of the first dog, subject to availability within 18 months of receipt of written proof of affliction.
All claims must be made within 30 days of determination of covered defect.
-QUALITY- The dog is guaranteed to be of the quality represented.
* If SELECT quality, then the dog will have all the potential of a WORKING quality dog (see following) and additionally, have no disqualifying or major faults that would prevent it from being a quality breeding or show prospect.
* If WORKING quality, the dog is guaranteed to have the correct character and temperament to develop into a proper livestock guarding dog. The temperament of an adult dog, however, is a combination of both genetic and environmental factors and cannot be predicted. If the dog is raised with livestock, following the advice of the Breeder and under the direct supervision of the Buyer, it should function as a livestock guardian by the age of 18 months. Evidence of such function is a lowered rate of livestock loss due to predation and/or lowered evidence of predator activity in the area occupied by the dog. Buyers are strongly encouraged to seek guidance from the Breeder or experienced livestock producers prior to introduction of the dog to stock.
-If the dog does not function as a livestock guardian by the age of 18 months, Buyer may return the dog to the Breeder for a replacement dog or pup under the following conditions:
1. Buyer must remain in regular contact with Breeder, informing Breeder of training problems as they arise and making a good faith effort to correct those problems with the Breeder's advice.
2. The dog must be in normal good health, up to date on all innoculations and worming and test negative for heartworm.
* If COMPANION quality, it will have no serious faults or impairments that would prevent it from being a healthy companion.
IF THE ABOVE DESCRIBED DOG HAS BEEN USED FOR BREEDING BEFORE BEING CERTIFIED BY THE OFA, BUYERS AGREE THAT THIS GUARANTEE HAS BECOME NULL AND VOID. The purpose of this guarantee is to protect buyer and future buyers of this bloodline and to ascertain that as much as possible is done to prevent congenitally unhealthy dogs from being propagated.
I have read, understand, and agree to all of the terms stated above.
Buyers Address:______________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ Phone: ______________________________________ Deposit paid for Dog: _______________________ Total amount paid for Dog: __________________ Quality of Dog: (pick one) Select / Working / Companion
================================================================== Special Addendum to Sales Agreement Part -3- (of 3 parts)
SPAY / NEUTER AGREEMENT
1. Buyer agrees to have a Veterinary professional spay/neuter this dog BEFORE the dog's first birthday.
2. Buyer agrees to provide Breeder with a signed statement from the responsible Veterinarian verifying that the sterilization procedure has been performed BEFORE the dog's first birthday
3. After receipt of the above signed statement, Breeder agrees to provide Buyer with the Official Registration Certificate from Anatolian Shepherd Dog International, Inc., for this dog.
4. The date of this dog's first birthday is: ___________________
Buyer understands and agrees to the terms stated above.
Back to Upcoming Litter Page